View Royal is a gateway between Victoria’s city central and the developing West Shore municipalities. The Town of View Royal is a vivacious community, incorporated in 1988, and at the moment it a home to over 10,800 residents and consistently shows ongoing growth.
View Royal Municipal Hall is the city hall for the municipality of View Royal, located just off the Island Highway behind Four Miles Pub on 45 View Royal Avenue.
What View Royal Municipal Hall has to offer
The Town of View Royal attempts to offer residents the uppermost standard of service, their common public services include:
- Bylaw Enforcement;
- Garbage, Recycling & Compost collection;
- Building and Development services.
The Town is also dedicated to encourage financial growth to attain a stable, sustainable tax base. Particular attention is paid to further:
- Development of current commercial bulges and new ones;
- Provide better exposure for businesses to non-residents;
- To decrease vehicle usage
- To improve suitability for local residents.
To achieve their goals, the Municipal Hall operates through several departments such as:
The Town of View Royal provide various services in order to support the municipality and its residents:
- Accept donations to purchase amenity items such as benches, picnic tables, bicycle racks, and trees for the municipality. Individuals who donate, can request to acknowledge a significant event or someone special on the item to be installed.
- Bylaw Enforcement Officers are there to investigating concerns or complaints about alleged violations of View Royal’s bylaws. If someone or something interrupt your piece, a hazardous condition appear, or a potential zoning breach, you can submit a complaint to the Town, bylaws enforcement department.
- Dog Licences issuing at the Town, to find our more contact the CRD Bylaw & Animal Care Services office at 250-478-0624
- Garbage & Food Waste Collection happens once per week by the Town’s contracted collection company. Each household is allowed to put out a maximum of 40 kg per container per week. You are advised to contact Waste Management company directly at 250-652-6242 if your garbage or food waste has not been collected on time.
- Lawn & Garden Waste Drop-off is available for no charge at the gate at two locations:
- Trio Landscape Supplies, 109 Hallowell Road
- Ellice Recycle Ltd., 524 David Street
- Property Tax Information provided at 250-708-2270.
- Sewer & Drainage services and maintenance is provided
- Streets, Sidewalks & Boulevards Maintenance services
- The following is a list of some of the utility providers that service View Royal:
- Water 250-474-9600
- Electricity (BC Hydro 1-800-224-9376 for customer service, 1-888-POWERON to report an electrical outage)
- Natural Gas (Fortis BC) 1-888-224-2710 for customer service
- 1-800-663-9911 for gas-related emergencies
- Telephone (Shaw 250-475-5655, Telus 250-310-2255
- Cable (Shaw 250-475-5655)
Travelling to View Royal Municipal Hall
If you want to drive to the Town Hall, the most convenient parking is available just near the main entrance to the Town Hall.
If you use the bus, the bus stop is just the City Hall, please check the BC Transit schedule here.