Visit downtown`s premier shopping destination since 1989, The Bay Centre! The Shopping Centre occupies a whole two block in the center of Victoria, bounded by Douglas, Government, Fort, and View streets. With over 90 shops where you will find unique services, well-known brands, diverse dining options and local shops are located on almost 30K square meters of retail space.
Attractions around The Bay Centre:
Just steps away from The Bay Centre one will find many other local attractions such as:
- Fairmont Empress Hotel – where you can lodge or simply visit for an afternoon tea;
- BC Museum – will allow you to plunge yourself into local history;
- BC Parliament Building – steeped in all its history and beautiful architecture is a must see;
- Inner Harbour – with blooming flowers, palms and trees alongside gorgeous boats and yachts makes the walk on the harbor an unforgettable experience.
What you will find at The Bay Centre
The shopping center is not too big and not too small, just the right size not to get lost but be able to find what you need! Various shops and services are presented at The Bay Centre including:
- Books cards & stationery: Hallmark;
- Children’s fashion stores;
- Canada`s Iconic Department store: Hudson’s bay;
- Electronics computers & telephones: Koodo Mobil, Bell, EB Games, Rogers, Telus, Virgin Mobile and other;
- Fashion accessories: jewelry, handbags, glasses and other stores;
- Footwear: Aerosoles, PayLess ShoeSource, Call It Spring, SoftMoc, ALDO;
- BC lottery centre;
- Great Canadian Dollar Store
- Health services: dental clinic, foot care, eye care and accessories,
- Houseware, garden & décor;
- Ladies’ and men’s fashion: Dynamite, Club Monaco, GUESS?, Le Chateau and many more;
- Personal care & beauty: The Body Shop, salon & spa, barber`s shop, cosmetics and more;
- Sporting goods & apparel: Sport Chek, Golf Experts and more;
- Restaurants cafes & specialty food;
- Services & financial: Tailor, Coast Capital Savings, Photography/Passport Photos, TD Canada Trust ATM.
If not shopping, then what?
On the fourth floor one can enjoy a nice meal in a blight and light atmosphere at the food court, where cuisines from around the world are presented:
- American and
- Canadian cuisine
Covered outdoor terrace presents an even better opportunity appreciate that nice food!
For those who cannot stand shopping, but would like to be not far from their better half, the Fitness center on the fourth floor is a great opportunity to take care of your health and body.
The café, located on the fifth floor of The Bay Centre opens the best view of the Victoria Inner Harbour in the city. You can easily access the café though Hudson`s Bay on the fifth floor and enjoy super affordable lunch with the best view.
Some little restaurants, cafes and specialty food shops can be found the buildings perimeter, and Starbucks is one of them!
The Bay Centre services:
- If you have any questions about The Bay Centre, please stop by or get in touch with GUEST SERVICES, Located on the lower level of the shopping centre.
P 250 952-5690
- In case of any emergency, please contact The Bay Centre’s 24-hour SECURITY team at 250 388-7803
- The Bay Centre’s PARKADE is a well-lit enclosed parkade with competitive pricing that is patrolled by uniformed security. The parkade equipped with a few electric vehicle charging stations and located underground, can be easily accessed through View Street.
Travelling to The Bay Centre
If you drive to The Bay Centre, there is underground parkade in the building, accessed through View Street.
The closest City of Victoria parkade is located on 743 View Street just across Douglas Street:
- First 1 hour free;
- Statuary holidays and Sundays are free;
- Check more information.
On-street pay parking is available on the surrounding streets.
If you use the bus, please check the BC Transit schedule here.
THE BAY CENTRE
2-1150 Douglas Street
P 250 952-5690