Central branch of Greater Victoria Public Library is a centrally situated library, open to the public that mainly serves Victoria, BC and surrounding areas. The central branch of the library conveniently occupies the whole block bounded by Broughton Street, Blanchard Street, Courtney Street and Douglas Street with the mail entrance on 735 Broughton Street.
Attractions around the Central Victoria Public Library:
Take a minute away from your books and PC to explore other local attractions, located just steps away from Victoria Public Library:
- Fairmont Empress Hotel – where you can lodge or simply visit for an afternoon tea;
- Inner Harbour – with blooming flowers, palms and trees alongside gorgeous boats and yachts makes the walk on the harbor an unforgettable experience;
- The Bay Shopping Centre – will bring you back to modern day with a full suite of shops to explore;
- Victoria Bug Zoo – to enjoy the astonishing world of insects, arachnids, and other many-legged creatures!
- Miniature World – provides a unique opportunity to experience the world from a tiny perspective.
Available in Central Victoria Public Library:
The Central Branch of Greater Victoria Public Library (GVPL) is the main resource center that has many specialized collections and services, as well as exceptional general collections:
- CDs and DVDs (Movies and Games, even the newest releases for FREE ),
- genealogical archives,
- business directories,
- local history.
GVPL also offers electronic resources to library members through the library’s web site, such as:
- Canadian newspapers,
- international magazines,
- standard reference works.
All GVPL user have an access to:
- Information and reference services
- Access to full text databases
- Community information
- Internet access
- Reader’s advisory services
- Programs for children, youth and adults
- Delivery to homebound individuals
- Interlibrary loan
- Free downloadable audiobooks
You can also download free e-books and audio directly to your mobile devices by accessing the Library To Go site. Isn’t that amazing?! No more paying for your audio books!
Travelling to Central Branch of Greater Victoria Public Library.
If you would like to drive to GVPL, there is underground City of Victoria parkade in the building, located just under the library with two entrances on Broughton Street and Courtney Street!
- First 1 hour free;
- Statuary holidays and Sundays are free;
- Check more information.
On-street pay parking is available on the surrounding streets.
If you prefer to use the bus, please check the BC Transit schedule here.
Mon 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Tue 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Wed 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Thu 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Fri 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sat 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sun 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm