One of the modern multiplex cinema chain screening the latest films is Cineplex Odeon Victoria Cinema. We are lucky to have Cineplex Odeon Cinema here downtown of Victoria, BC. Located in the heart of the city on 780 Yates Street, you can conveniently enter and watch a movie.
Enjoy the excitement of seeing just released movies right away!
Attractions around Cineplex Odeon Victoria Cinemas:
Being conveniently located Cineplex Odeon Victoria Cinema is just steps away from many other local attractions such as:
- The Bay Shopping Centre – will bring you back to modern day with a full suite of shops to explore;
- Inner Harbour – with blooming flowers, palms and trees alongside gorgeous boats and yachts makes the walk on the harbor an unforgettable experience;
- Andrew Cathedral – visit one stunning Roman Catholiccathedral to spend time in prayers;
- Fairmont Empress Hotel – where you can lodge or simply visit for an afternoon tea.
About Cineplex Odeon Victoria Cinema:
Cineplex Odeon Victoria Cinema is a great downtown movie center equipped with
- seven screens;
- three 3-D screens.
Cineplex Odeon gives more of the classic style as soon as you walk into it. Always showing great new movies and independent releases.
Other features of the Cineplex include:
- The availability of described video. Simply look for the DS or CC/DS symbol beside the film you will like to view to see if it comes with this service.
- The availability of CaptiView captioning system. Simply look for the CC or CC/DS symbol beside film you will like to view to see if it comes with this service.
- Auditoriums in the theatre come with assistive listening devices (ALD) for those who have difficulty hearing.
Standard Admission Rates for the Cineplex Odeon Victoria Cinemas:
General (14-64) $10.00
Child (3-13) $9.00
Senior (65+) $9.00
3D General (14-64) $13.00
3D Child (3-13) $12.00
3D Senior (65+) $12.00
For your convenience, Cineplex movie ticket can be purchased using the Cineplex app on your smart phone.
The Cinema is absolutely accessible, including toilets in basement with elevator access to the Cineplex, the friendly staff are always ready to provide assistance.
History of Odeon Brand
The Victoria Cineplex Odeon Cinema finds its history connected with the UCI cinemas operating in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The name Odeon was first used in 1930 in Britain and today the Odeon UCI Cinemas Group is owned by Terra Firma Capital Partners. Cineplex Entertainment was formally known as Galaxy Entertainment until 2003, and from about 1999 to 2005 many of the cinemas merged due to bankruptcy and early signs of a recession and cinemas then took the Odeon brand name in 2005. This year (2016), Odeon pronounced to be the largest cinema chain in the United Kingdom based on market share.
Travelling to Cineplex Odeon Victoria Cinema
If you would like to drive to Cineplex Odeon Victoria Cinema, City of Victoria parkades are located 1 block north on Johnston St. and 1 block south on View St:
- First 1 hour free;
- Statuary holidays and Sundays are free;
- Check more information.
On-street free parking on surrounded streets is available after 6 pm and on Sundays.
If you prefer to use the bus, please check the BC Transit schedule here.