The Mary Winspear Centre is well known as being the heart of the Saanich Peninsula where local residents and visitors alike gather for cultural and artistic event as well as small and large business meetings and conference. Planning a wedding at the centre with its breathtaking scenery, plush grounds and dedicated staff ensure that no detail of your big day will be overlooked. People from all over the world come to the Centre to plan business meetings, conferences, weddings and take part in some of the most renowned exhibitions.
The Mary Winspear Centre is conveniently located in Sidney, BC and is just minutes from Victoria International Airport, the BC ferries as well as the Washington State Ferry Terminal. First time guests to the Centre are typically taken aback by the area’s natural beauty and the entire community’s picturesque seaside landscape.
Whatever the size of your next function, the professional staff at the Centre will work with you to understand your needs and help you plan an event that will be second to none. They have a wide array of function and meeting rooms to suit every need including:
- Bodine Family Hall – this hall measures 8,100 square feet and can easily accommodate up to 900 guests. The 18 foot vaulted ceilings with wooden beams, state-of-the-art lighting and sound system along with a pristine outdoor courtyard is sheer opulence at its best.
- Myfanwy Pavelic Gallery – the Gallery is the perfect spot for your next reception or exhibition event. At 2,000 square feet guests will appreciate its open brightness while enjoying the Gallery’s showcased displays along with some refreshments.
- Lebbetter Board Room – Guests attending smaller executive meetings can conduct business in the comfort of meticulously appointed furniture complete with AV equipment in this 405 square foot venue that boasts 8 foot ceilings.
The Centre also provides additional break-out rooms for smaller gatherings ranging from 405 to 2,170 square feet. All rooms have bright natural lighting, professionally designed floor and wall accents and come equipped with wet bars and exterior door entrances.
While staying at the Mary Winspear Centre be sure to take time to explore their magnificent grounds and area attractions. The main street of Sidney offers a quaint one-of-a-kind shopping experience. Visitors can browse one of the many unique clothing boutiques, unusual finds at home décor shops, and even a number of new and used book stores.
Make sure to take some time to do a little sightseeing in the area as well. From a leisurely stroll through the world renown Butchart Gardens or the Butterfly Gardens to a more adventurous experience taking in a whale watching guided tour where you can see otters, porpoises, orca whales, sea lions and more. For those who revel in the outdoors there is plenty to see and do as well. Guests will enjoy hiking trails, regional parks, beaches with awe inspiring views and so much more.
The staff at Mary Winspear Centre is dedicated to making your next function a perfect one. They offer a host of services to ensure that your every need is met including:
- Taking the time to listen to your needs and making suggestions that will fulfill those needs
- Providing Box office and usher services for ticketed events
- Putting you in touch with local hotels
- Lists of entertainers, event production/decoration professionals
- Providing contacts for local caterers
- And of course anything else that will ensure the success of your next event.
The Mary Winspear Centre and the town of Sidney look forward to being a part of your next wedding, business function or any event that you may be considering. Both the Centre and Sidney offer a multitude of activities for guests of all ages.