West Shore Parks and Recreation Center represents a modern premier complex of recreational facilities located on 44 hectares at 1767 Island Highway. This Parks and Recreational Center serves all western communities of Greater Victoria Area, including Colwood, Langford, Metchosin, Highlands, View Royal and Juan de Fuca Electoral area.
Attractions around the West Shore Parks and Recreation Center
This immense West Shore Parks and Recreation Center lies just right in the heart of West Shore and close to other spots of interests. Within only 5 minutes’ drive other attractions can be found, such as:
- The Thetis Lake Park – regional park, where you can take a walk, go for a bike ride in the stunning forests or dip into the lake during the hot weather;
- Six Mile Pub – to feel up your empty stomach with Beer and Burger, and explore the old historical architecture of the pub building;
- View Royal Casino – for those who are risk-takers and enjoy gambling;
- Hatley Park – to plunge into the history of the early 20th century with its stunning castle, gorgeous gardens and fascinating horizons;
- Esquimalt Lagoon – to enjoy the sea breeze and the enchanting beauty of nature from a 360 degrees view.
What West Shore Parks and Recreation Center has to offers
- Juan de Fuca Arena with bleacher seats;
- Swimming Pool with Swirl Pool/Sauna/Steam Room;
- Weight Room with weight training and cardio equipment;
- Fitness Studio with mirrors and a high quality sound system;
- Curling Rink;
- Lookout Lounge;
- Meeting Rooms.
- Internet stations and Wi-Fi;
- Audio & Visual materials;
- Numerous exciting books;
- Latest publications of magazines and newspapers.
55+ Activity Centre can be found next to the Juan de Fuca Recreation Centre, where Juan de Fuca Senior Citizens Association keep seniors active and engaged by organizing:
- Art and craft classes;
- Games including indoor & outdoor activities, board and card games;
- Leaning opportunities containing radio station, computer classes, foreign languages, public speaking and more;
- Physical exercise classes including aerobics, tai chi, yoga and others;
- Music and dance activities.
Just behind the Juan de Fuca Recreation Centre lies an incredible Juan de Fuca Lower Park as large as life offers a number of outdoor sport and leisure opportunities:
- Golf courses;
- Playing Fields;
- BMX Track;
- Velodrome Cycling Track;
- Beach Volleyball courts;
- Tennis Courts;
- Basketball Courts;
- Lacrosse Box;
- Lawn Bowling;
- Jogging Trail
For a real taste of adventurers and extreme sports seekers, the WildPlay West Shore Element Park offer an exclusive top-tree obstacles and zip line adventures through the exploratory jungle, located just behind The Q Arena, well-known as Bear Mountain Arena.
On-site services go way further than sports. West Shore Parks & Recreation put together programs focused on art and music, leadership and youth empowerment, health and wellness, dietary and nutrition, finance, computers and many other special courses. Seems impossible, absolutely everyone despite age will find something on the list!
Additionally, West Shore Parks & Recreation is often a home for various Trade Shows, Festivals, special events and more. They also provide:
- Catering services;
- Boardroom bookings;
- Facility rentals for personal use: weddings, birthday parties and more.
West Shore Parks & Recreation Centre Guide and App
West Shore Parks & Recreation Activity Guide will help you to know what is available at the moment with schedules, prices and all the information you might need. It’s that simple!
With West Shore Parks & Recreation App you will always be updated on upcoming event, admissions, schedules and much more. Stay connected to your community and stay healthy!